Buy Fresh Buy Local Membership Drive Going on Now!
The Buy Fresh Buy Local Membership Drive is going on now, January 1st- March 1st, 2017!
Become a member or renew your membership and join the “Buy Fresh Buy Local Central Illinois” campaign in our 10th season of promoting locally produced foods. Membership is available to farmers, on-farm food processors, farmers markets, restaurants, retailers, institutions, wineries and breweries marketing local and sustainably grown products. The 2-year membership fee is a fantastic deal at $45 for farmers and $75 for all other membership categories. This minimal fee entitles members to the following benefits:
• Listing in the 2017-2018 Membership Directory with a minimum printing of 5,000 copies to be distributed through community events, retailers, farmers’ markets, and many other locations. (Membership Payment must be received by March 1st for inclusion in this year’s directory)
• Your own profile listing on the Buy Fresh Buy Local Central Illinois website, including details about your business, pictures, and a map to your location.
• Assistance with marketing, including help with special events, sales, and product marketing through the website, e-newsletter, and social media accounts (Buy Fresh Buy Local Central Illinois Facebook account, and Illinois Stewardship Alliance Twitter and Instagram accounts).
• All-weather, laminated window sign featuring the colorful Buy Fresh Buy Local Central Illinois logo
• Buy Fresh Buy Local Member window sticker
• A CD of BFBL images and marketing tools (signs, labels, price tags) for use on your own print and online advertising materials
• Opportunity to be involved with the “Local Flavors” farm-to-table dinner series as well as other programs which increase local food sales and education across the region.
• Participation in a professional and well-researched marketing campaign (Buy Fresh Buy Local is a national campaign and there are chapters in every state) that promotes consumer awareness of the importance of locally-grown products
To date we have 155 members in 34 counties across Central Illinois and as our Buy Fresh Buy Local Central Illinois chapter grows, so too does our reach and our recognition among consumers. Currently we are putting together the 2017-2018 directory, which we plan to make our best yet through organized, transparent information that will help consumers find exactly what they are looking for. In addition, we'll be updating our website with engaging content and articles on a weekly basis. Our ultimate goal is to help your business grow!
The strength of the Buy Fresh Buy Local campaign reflects the strength of the local food movement here in Central Illinois. Please consider being a part of the movement. Join us in creating a strong, vibrant network of local growers and sellers and in making local food available for all. Become a Buy Fresh Buy Local Member today.
Buy Fresh Buy Local Central Illinois, is organized by Illinois Stewardship Alliance, a statewide non-profit organization that cultivates a local food and farm system that is environmentally sustainable, economically viable, and socially just, If you know of farms or businesses in your area that would benefit from becoming a member, please spread the word about our membership drive.
Not a farm or local food business, but want to support humane and environmentally conscious farm practices, healthy lifestyles, nutritious food, and community-building? Check out our sponsorship opportunities and get your name in font of a like-minded audience while doing good!